hee hee... I said "nuts".
I started my day with an egg-beaters omelet while listening to the Tappet Brothers and then waited a whole three minutes before scurrying to my precious blog. yup, I’m addicted. and then some: I just rented a NEW VIDEO GAME, I have a law school application to work on, bills to pay, exams to correct and a whole bowl of butterfingers to eat, and yet, here I am typing away at the toybox. Which I may rename “crackpipe”.
the fact that I just got my first good review (hi lisa!) has only made me more anxious to refine my new addiction, so before I sat down to write this morning, I did a little research. with this project, I’m following in the footsteps of people who are more intelligent, funnier, and better looking than I am, so I have a lot to live up to. here are a few things I’ve noticed about the blogging industry:
There are no set styles. Some people seem to have a main point in each post, as though every day poses a new thesis to report. Some people just seem to vomit into their blogs (we’ll call this “blomit”) whatever thought surfaces first. both are interesting, but I think I’m going to be a little more middle-of-the-road.
if nothing else, my faith in the validity of non-mainstream music has been reinforced. Turns out I’m not the only fan of Cake in a city that lives and breathes Linkin Park, though the local radio stations would certainly suggest otherwise.
other sites are cooler than mine. But, my friends, the glove has been dropped, the line has been drawn in the sand, the soundtrack has switched to a minor key, because I’m working on it and someday the aforementioned addiction will generate a royal toybox so cool that the Blog Encyclopedia will have to invent whole new alphabet letters just so there’re enough volumes to describe it all.
or I’ll get bored and go play the video game.
1. yeah, egg-beaters. mikey’s on the weight watchers. notice this paragraph is followed up with one containing a “bowl of butterfingers” if you’re wondering how I’m doing.
2. here’s a little garvey trivia for you: a college room mate and I once had a discussion about the best name for a new porn web site. the winner? “The Royal Toybox”. yup, welcome to my porn blog.
3. if there is a Blog Encyclopedia, I would like to be recognized as the progressive genius who first coined the phrase “blomit”.
4. I don’t mean to say that I don’t like Linkin Park. In fact I do, but they don’t hold a candle to the new Cake album.
5. thanks in large part to greg, I’m 67% of the way through Lord of the Rings: The Third Age.
6. anyone notice I discovered hyperlinks for this post? see, I'm getting better every second.
1 year ago