Sunday, November 21, 2004

them that got

bill watterson said once that when he failed to come up with a good idea for a strip, he'd go for broke and let a funny picture tell the story. but, unless I can rely on reeeeally fancy emoticons (look, a rose! @-->-- ) I can't really fall back on a funny picture.

since I can't come up with any original ideas of my own tonight, how about I use this space to answer one of those Get To Know Your Friends emails. I got this particular one from cecilia, although I'd gotten it from a few other people as well. if it sucks, blame them.

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
oh well, this is getting off on the right foot. I don't even have a first house, so how do I answer this? but the question says "if I COULD", so let's just pick up our feet and ride along with the hypothetical. IF I COULD build a second house anywhere, I'd build it right next to the first one, so I wouldn't have to go far if it turns out I only have one set of legos.

2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
ain't nothin' more comfy than mah overalls.

3. WHAT IS THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT?
ooh, tough one. I'm so rhapsodied right now, it's been awhile. oh wait, I remember - lisa and I got the garden state soundtrack when we were up in toronto. before that it was the new ben folds ep, super D.

4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
usually around 6:30. unless I can sleep in a bit and dream about Doughnuts of the Divine.

5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
I just got a new toaster!!! I mean, lisa and I just got a new toaster!!! huzzah for the wedding registry...

6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
the piano. if I'm to impress people at parties, I'd have to know how to play something that's likely to be there. "Hi, I'm mike, any chance you have a 'cello around?"

7. FAVORITE COLOR?
I guess there was this tanker carrying a shipment of red paint and black paint. when it crashed into an island the crew was marooned.

8. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?
I'm perfectly happy with my old man lumina.

9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
yup. and I'm hoping we get to travel through time to view events from this life, dickens-style. then I'd prove to lisa that I was in the choir more than once.

10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
something by dahl. or "everybody poops".

11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
call me crazy, but I love the winter. I love the snow, I love the cold, or rather being bundled up in it, and I love the holidays. granted, most of that wears off pretty early in january, but until then, give me a winter wonderland anyday.

12. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
flight. then speed, then strength. then getting women to take me out for mighty and comic books. oh wait, I already have that.

13. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
no tats, no piercings. I'm so lame.

14. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
I am right now. don't believe me? sorry, it's a website - you'll just have to trust me.

15. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO?
me. I mean, young me. I'd tell young me to get a better haircut and stay away from the "jim's steak out".

16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
I do love sundays. I try not to schedule anything so I can catch up on whatever. then I spend all evening writing a blog post.

17. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR?
nothing, officer. seriously.

18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
raw hamburger. just kidding - I like sush, but just the basics. the california rolls. the spicy tunas. etc. but I'd give that all up for a peppercorn blue cheese burger from coles.

19. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU WILL EMAIL THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
I hope cecilia posts a new one to her blog. she's pretty funny.

20. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
I'm completely ripping this off from sarah, who already posted a few questions of her own. blog theft is the sincerest form of flattery.

21. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM?
cecilia and a few others who shall remain nameless.

22. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER?
oh I am weakened by the lameness of this question. instead of answering it, I'd like to make fun of lisa and katie for being so upset that they will not be having turkey for thanksgiving. neener neener. feel free to stop over to the ponderosa if you'd like to sample some of the succulent bird we'll be having.

23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL?
turkey. neener neener!

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

YAY FOR POSTS ABOUT ME!!! Actually, YAY FOR ANYTHING ABOUT ME!!!

Alex said...

Dude. That's the funniest C&H strip I've ever read. It was years before I could even think about it without laughing out loud.

Garvey said...

I was actually looking for the one where calvin and hobbes were taking photos of each other, but this one made me laugh when I found it. the fact that it's in another language doesn't hurt my point, either.