Sunday, January 09, 2005

dentist visit 3 of 5

I love my dentist. so much so that I’m visiting her every week or so these days. but that’s only because I’m making up for four or five years (I honestly don’t remember) of dental negligence.

I think my most recent visit fulfilled my penance, though, since the kind and gentle doctor drilled and filled TWO cavities... with no anesthetic.

that’s right. I’m a manly man. pain? bring it on. the marathon man was a wussy.

okay, okay, they were barely superficial marks, and if my dentist were to chime in here she’d call me a wussy for even mentioning them. I’m not going to lie, I hate pain. in my fantasies I can shrug off bullet wounds while saving the hot chick, but in reality I’ll bitch like a little girl if my watch band gets too far up my wrist. but hey, I did get the hot chick...

speaking of hot, I went to see pippin at the lancaster opera house last night, featuring my future-sister-in-law. fosse would have been proud, but that certainly didn’t reflect in the faces of the geriatrics who were expecting to see flowers, lace and lollypops. I’d never been to the LOH before, but from what I’m told, this isn’t exactly their typical production. I say, good for them. push the envelope. ignore the status quo. throw caution to the wind and conformity on the wayside.

I may not know art, but I know when I like mostly naked dancing women a lot more than flowers, lace and lollypops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment mikey...i feel a little closer to you now that you have seen me in such a state. The old ladies just don't appreciate true artistic theatre when they see it! :)
~kt~