Sunday, June 26, 2005

And of course, they broke the record for heat yesterday.

If you’re new to the RT, let me bring you up to speed: UB Law is dragging their feet, so Lisa and I are moving to Albany in August. Huzzah and huzzah for Albany Law School! I haven’t updated in a few days because we’ve been trekking through the mean streets of Albania, trying desperately to find our future home.

Long story short, I think I can call “mission accomplished”. Or at the very least, we know we found a place that has everything we need/want:
Security, check
Proximity to school, check
Hardwood floors, check
Size, check
On-site laundry, check
Neighborhood, double check
Coolness factor, triple dog check

We’re sending in the application today, and the security deposit tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed. In the meantime, here’s a rundown of the rest of the trip:

BEST LAUGH OUT OF LISA:
Lisa: You need to turn left up here.
Me: I don’t think I can get over.
Lisa: Yeah, left onto Riverton.
Me: (I pass it) Oops. Looks like I screwed the pooch on that one.
Lisa: What’d you say?
Me: That I screwed the pooch?
Lisa: (having never heard this expression) …BWAAAA-HAAA-HAAAAAA!

BEST NAME OF A MUSEUM THAT SOUNDS DIRTY OUT OF CONTEXT:
The Tang Museum at Skidmore College

NICKNAMES WE MADE UP FOR LANDLORDS:
“Nedison”
“Dawn Mom DeFazio”
“Oatmeal Booger Bob”
“Captain Steubing”

And of course, “Sweet Jay”

No comments: