Monday, June 13, 2005

I'm up to my beard in sockeye and unread emails

My friends, go to Alaska. Drop what you're doing, call up these guys, and go fishing with three other guys who like to drink and swear and give the middle finger in funny ways as appropriate. Believe me, you won't regret it, and if you're as good a fisherman as I am, the fish won't mind either.

By the time you get back, I should be done reading all of Esther's posts below, sifting through my emails, transferring pics from my camera to my computer, and generally getting the sweet stink of salmon roe out of my clothes. Thanks to the big sis (and also to Aly, who I love and will be getting a spacebar from me as a wedding present) for posting for me this past week. And sorry to Cecilia who is probably pissed at me for changing my blogger password. Neener neener!

Oh, and while you're waiting for my fish stories, click on this link to NPR's quiz show, "Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me". Then click on "listen to the show" and either check out the whole thing because it really is pretty funny at points, or go straight to the 11th minute where you'll hear my uncle, Dan Garvey, as a call-in contestant.

5 comments:

Cecilia said...

WHY DID YOU CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD???

Scott said...

Welcome back, fish-boy.

Cupcake said...

What is it that makes other people's blogs so compelling? I have no idea, and yet I've just squandered precious work time reading yours. Like Esther, I am a reformed evil big sister, I am an avid Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me... fan, and if you substituted every mention of booze and cigars in your blog for "cupcakes", well, it'd be a lot like mine.

Garvey said...

Well, it's official. Esther has brought in more readers during her week as a guest blogger than I have since November of last year.

Nan, I'm a cupcake fan too - my younger sister is actually making a wedding cake out of them for me next month. Make sure you check back and I'll put up a few pics for posterity.

Esther said...

I think most of those visitors were just me checking to see if anyone commented on my posts :)