Saturday, June 18, 2005

Rhapsodic update

Help me out here. Am I the only person in the world who can be totally placated by finding the solution to a problem when it comes to customer/tech support? Rhapsody C/TS just sent me the most convoluted, user-unfriendly email in response to the problems that I've been having (glitches in their software, I should add) and it took me a good two days to figure it all out.

But I'm happy. Despite hair-ripping frustration, music surely has calmed the mighty pissed off beast. I even got my playlists back. And now, I'm sitting here, knowing that I really should be upset with the infinite monkeys who caused these issues, but instead the Flaming Lips are good for my ills. I know I should be using my mind to come up with a Power-of-the-Consumer campaign that will show the suits over at Real that they can't push us around, but instead I'm using my mind to decide whether or not I like Arcade Fire.

To celebrate my infantile response to such corporate apathy, here's the playlist for Esther's CD. If you remember, E asked me to make her a comp disk to help her get through the hospital babying process. I played this for her yesterday and she seemed to like it:

The Sleep Like A Baby Mix 2005

Cake – When You Sleep
Cowboy Junkies – Sweet Jane
Love – Always See Your Face
Nick Drake – One Of These Things First
Jem – Flying High
Jack Johnson – Banana Pancakes
Ani Di Franco – As Is
David Gray – January Rain
Barenaked Ladies – Light Up My Room
Joni Mitchell – A Case Of You
Eels – I Need Some Sleep
Beatles – Julia
KD Lang – Bird On A Wire
David Gray – Be Mine
Coldplay – Green Eyes
Simon And Garfunkel – Kathy’s Song
Eels – Manchild
Nick Drake – Time Has Told Me
Foo Fighters – Virginia Moon
Joshua Radin – Winter
Joe Cocker – Bye Bye Blackbird

And here's a Rhapsody playlist for those of you who would like to play along at home.

RHAPSODY LINK - baby

You'll notice it isn't an exact match, but until the Beatles manage to find their way online, that'll never be a one to one ratio. Hope you like...

No comments: