Friday, July 01, 2005

Julia Eagan, born 7/1/05, 10pm

Today, John Eagan walked into the waiting room, like a disheveled jedi in his hospital gown and beamed: “It’s a girl…”

I will, from now until I die, remember how it felt to first accept my duty as “uncle”.

For the sake of posterity, here’s what went through my mind: I’ll always try to give okay directions. I’ll always have a good joke for you. I'll always have canadian money to give you, just in case. I’ll show you how to play solitaire and Goldeneye. It’s going to take me a second to get used to no longer being the youngest generation, but once I catch my breath, you are going to be showered with pink stuffed monkeys.


You have redefined love-at-first-site, kiddo.

ADDED NOTE: Check out The Shortbus for some better pictures and a much better story of last night's adventure. And thanks to everyone for their congrats and well-wishes! I'm going to see the new mom and dad and the rugrat this morning, so I'll pass them all on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRADULATIONS ESTHER AND JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and fyi mike and lisa-- this may be the best wedding present, like, EVER. you may need to get to work on getting julia a cousin.... ;)