Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Don't get mad. Get packed.

Wanna see two newlyweds packing their lives into garbage bags? Come on over. It’s amazing how much you can stuff into one of those UltraFlex bags, so long as you don’t mind labels like “kitchen stuff/comic books/extension cords/toothbrush/photo albums/wine/miscellaneous”.

Our mad Tetris skills have been stretched to the limit, but when I sit down to the first Mighty Taco I’ve had in (can you believe it???) TWO WEEKS, it’ll aaaaaaall be worth it.

I had a dream the other night that I somehow decided to move to Chicago. I even got a job back at the company I used to work for, but was given a huge promotion – now I was allowed to wear my hat backwards. That’s like the “corner office” of promotions in the dream world, you see. Anyway, in the dream a bunch of my Buffalo friends had also since moved to Chicago and were working at the same company, including one HR administrator we all know and love. We all went out to lunch and I ran into a friend I haven’t talked to more than once since I moved back to Buffalo a few years ago. Back in the real world, there was an email from said friend in my inbox when I woke up this morning.

Downright spooky, if you ask me.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Didn't I tell you to hold out until the very last minute?

Oh, no, wait. I guess I didn't say that.

Ah well, you'll be really, really good at packing now.


P.S. You & your lovely wife have motivated me into cutting my blogging vacation short.

See you this weekend!

Greg said...

Chicago!? That town cries itself to sleep every night while staring at a picture of Garvey.

You really ought to apologize to it at least. It deserves some closure.