Sunday, August 28, 2005

Six Feet Under Rhaplink

Not much time to journ today, things as they are, but I thought I’d offer up a little present for my Rhapsody friends. The last few years, I’ve really gotten into Six Feet Under, which ended last week. Especially in the last season, it seemed every episode I’d hear some tune that stuck with me for the rest of the week. Unfortunately, Rhapsody is missing a few of the more important ones (Like Nirvana’s "All Apologies"), but they made up for it by recently uploading the second Six Feet Under soundtrack.

The first 13 of the songs on this playlist are from that soundtrack, and the remaining are either from the first SFU soundtrack, or from individual episodes. (Regards to the HBO website for music credits, by the way, as well as a rather morbid/clever obituaries page.)

Haley and Lisa suggest Sia’s "Breathe Me", and I can’t get enough of Handsome Boy Modeling School’s "Breakdown" (a la Jack Johnson).

Six Feet Under:

1. Feeling Good - Nina Simone
2. Amazing Life - Jem
3. Everything Is Everything - Phoenix
4. A Rush of Blood to the Head - Coldplay
5. Breathe Me - Sia
6. Lucky - Radiohead
7. Time Is On My Side - Irma Thomas
8. Aganju (The Latin Project Remix) - Bebel Gilberto
9. Direction - Interpol
10. (Don't Fear) the Reaper - Caesars
11. Transatlanticism - Death Cab For Cutie
12. Cold Wind - The Arcade Fire
13. I'm A Lonely Little Petunia - Imogen Heap
14. I Changed My Mind - (rattlesnake mix) - Lyrics Born
15. I Just Want To Celebrate - Rare Earth
16. Heaven - Lamb
17. Deep Down & Dirty - Stereo MC's
18. I Love Being Here With You - Peggy Lee
19. Squares - The Beta Band
20. Distractions - Zero 7
21. Inspiration Information - Shuggie Otis
22. Calling All Angels - Jane Siberry
23. Spooky - Classics IV
24. Bohemian Like You - The Dandy Warhols
25. Struggle - Ringside
26. Cold Calculated - Alva Star
27. Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Fire
28. Breakdown - Handsome Boy Modeling School
29. Waiting - The Devlins
30. Dead To The World - Royksopp
31. Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
32. Knockin' On Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
33. To Live Is To Fly - Townes Van Zandt
34. Japanese Girls (Album Version) - Robbers On High Street
35. Yummy, Yummy, Yummy - Julie London
36. Holographic Universe - Thievery Corporation
37. Colors - Amos Lee
38. Almost Forgot Myself - Doves

2 comments:

goose said...

Interesting soundtrack there Gravy. I noticed Imogen Heap was on the list. If you like that song, check out another one she sings entitled, "Hide and Seek". Not sure if she made it with "The Frou-Frous" or if it was a solo number. At any rate, it's a lesson in a capella singing. I think you'd dig it.

Esther said...

The entourage soundtrack also rocks.