Wednesday, September 28, 2005

damn you, Tommy Tutone.

I found a little surprise in my inbox this morning, when I got yet another email meant for some other “Mike Garvey”. Occasionally, I think my email address is the internet’s equivalent to 867-5309. But I don’t mind – in fact, this time I even wrote back.

My new pen-pal is from the UK; we even share a last name. She was including her Mike Garvey in an email regarding Christmas vacation. I wrote back to her for two reasons.

1. If I were mistakenly left out of vacation discussion, I’d hope some other Mike Garvey was kind enough to key me in.
And
2. I just added a sharp-looking counter map to the RT and I wanted to see if she’d help me get a little red dot over Great Britain somewhere.
(2b. She said she’d keep an eye out for my ancestors. I’m guessing she’s cool enough to read blogs.)

Watch the tiny earth over on the sidebar to the right and let’s see if my newly discovered and distant relative comes to visit.

editor's note 10/10/05: nope.

1 comment:

Esther said...

You're just looking for an excuse to make your readers ask about the ticking-timebomb-esque countdown. I taught you well.