Thursday, October 13, 2005

green eggs and spam

So I get spam comments maybe once every other post. Man, they piss me off.

Do they work? Are they effective? I mean, even spam emails sometimes reach the target market, but these spamments are akin to scribbling on the bathroom wall, right?

ATTENTION SPAMMERS: I want one of you to write to me. I am enthralled by the fact that you know people hate this, and yet you continue. I set up an email account – whydoyouspam@gmail.com – and I want to hear from someone who thinks this is a viable way to advertise. Any and all communication will be private. (I don’t even know if there is a municipality to turn you in to, to be honest.) The fact is, I’ve studied marketing and this just flies in the face of most traditional (working) philosophies.

And here’s a message to you, Blogger – how have you not fixed this yet? Most of the people who spam my site have Blogger accounts! Ah well, the price is right, I guess.

1 comment:

KT said...

get 'em Mikey!!!