Sunday, October 02, 2005

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?

I hate to harp on this, but…

*click*

“…morning, Buffalo! You’re just in time for ninety minutes of Fucillo and The Barnes Firm commercials occasionally interrupted by your easy rock favorites! Thanks for listening to Buffalo’s only station that plays easy rock…”

*click*

“…at was the new one from Gwen Stefani that no one else in all of Buffalo has ever played. Now for that Green Day ballad…”

*click*

“…I’m telling you Janet, we need to get more naked men in here. Hey, I bet they’d love to dance to this new Green Day song with me. Guys do that, right?”

*click*

“…Well, hello there, Niagara Falls! You may have tuned in to listen to good music, but you live in Western New York, so we recently changed format. Instead, enjoy the next few hours of Rob Thomas and Jann Arden. We’re looking into getting John Tesh in here, and since we’re the only station in the world that plays this crap, don’t touch that dial. Please, in the name of God, don’t touch that dial…”

*click*

“…welcome to Rocktober, Buffalo! Hey, at least we aren’t Niagara Falls! Who’s up for making fun of people who drive? Huh? Yeah? People who drive? They suck man, all the morning shows think so. Okay, fine then, here’s some Puddle of Mudd…”

*click*

“It’s huge, Buffalo, HU-UU-UU-UUGE!”

*click*

“…Buffalo’s home for light rock…”

*click*

“…the Family Station…” *click* “…no rap or hard rock…” *click* “…all Zep, all the time! Unless we’re playing lawyer commercials.” *click* “…easy listening…” *click* “…station to painfully get you through the workday…” *click* “…like my fathers come to pass…”

*click*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know what's really sad? i actually MISS the fucillo commericals. a lot.

Anonymous said...

How about the hours upon hours of the southern rock jam.....yawn.

Esther said...

I'll let you borrow my Billy Fucillo bobblehead doll. Yes I own one. Yes my husband bought it for me when I was pregnant. Funny guy.

Anonymous said...

we live in a wonderful world where you can purchase and own a billy fucillo bobblehead. you truely have everything.

Peter said...

I told you before and I'll tell you again. XM. Try it and tell me I'm wrong. 100+ stations, no commercials on the 60+ music stations.

Garvey said...

Dude, I can't even afford a car with a cd player.