Monday, November 07, 2005

Back to Alaska

I’ve been thinking a lot about my trip to Alaska lately and to help it along, I fixed the Pictures of Moosen site. I’ll gripe all day long about blogger, but I do have to give them credit for allowing me to host my pictures without using some other site. When I put Moosen together, I used a free server called Ripway that was easy enough to navigate, but unreliable at best.

Then, a few weeks ago, they up and erased my account. No notice as to why, no ability to reinstate it, no recourse but to start from scratch. Luckily, each picture left a footprint (the little red “x” that means your picture ain’t there) that told me what the name of the original file was, and through that I was able to guess which pics I’d used in each slot.

So go check it out again and laugh at Louis and John for being hungover and at me for catching minnows compared to their respective Monstros.

Here’s the link to the first day in "Pictures of Moosen - my adventures at the Tower Rock Lodge in Soldotna".

No comments: