Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Award this.

Lisa and I watched the Golden Globes last night. Well… Lisa watched the Golden Globes while I suppressed the urge to chuckle every time they said the word “globes”.

a. Soooooo… was the gay western really that good? I mean, I hadn’t seen any of the movies that were up there, but I just assumed movies like the Edward R Murrow one or Capote were shoe-ins.
b. I’m not much of an awards show aficionado, but I have to say I liked the whole no-host thing. Made it all much quicker, more efficient. Like taking the cut scenes out of a video game.
d. New Target commercials? I’m a big fan.
c. Routh, the new Superman, presented an award and didn’t totally disgust me. He’s still too young to be the big blue boy scout, and just because I’ve seen him banter with Teri Hatcher doesn’t mean I’ve seen him act (much less, act well). But chances are I would have said the exact same thing about a young, inexperienced actor named Christopher Reeve back in 1978. Dammit. I can feel my hopes getting up. Must… not… look forward… to… inevitably shitty movie…

1 comment:

sunsnoozer said...

c before d