Thursday, February 09, 2006

Lest we forget our awkward accomplishments

I recently reconnected with a few high school friends from good ol’ Iroquois and it got me to thinking. This year marks a decade since I Strived to be My Best, which (apparently) is just long enough for me to forget which plays I was in during which years. The drama club was the first and only real group I was in back then (sports? me? pftht.) I consulted a few of my yearbooks to figure out exactly what my high school theatrical resume looked like. Here it is:

Freshman year: Monsignor Mariel in Les Miserables and Perchik in Fiddler on the Roof.
Sophomore year: Elwood P. Dowd in Harvey and Buddy in It’s a Dog’s Life.
Junior year: The Narrator (Stage Manager) in Our Town and Audrey II (the puppeteer) in Little Shop of Horrors.
Senior year: The Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz and Juror #3 in 12 Angry Men (which we called “12 Angry Jurors” since I don’t think we even had 12 guys in the club at the time.)


6 comments:

R said...

Didn't you wear that thing to prom?

Mr. Beers said...

I bet you wish you had a t-shirt to commemorate your performance in 12 angry jurors

KT said...

SUDDENLY SEYMOUR!!!!!

Greg said...

Ah, 12 Angry Jurors. I loved trying to smoothly slam a plastic switchblade into brown-painted foam taped to the top of a table. There's your knife! *squeek*

The best nights were when the spring didn't work and I had to pull the thing open by the "sharp" side of the blade.

And that music still makes me laugh.

Garvey said...

r - if they hadn't taken it after the last curtain call, I'd be wearing it now.
beers - damn you and your thieving ways!
KT - Lisa laughed out loud when she saw your comment. And here, I thought you were just singing along.
greg - I'm pretty sure I'm the reason we had to have a plastic knife. No one trusted the evil juror.

Esther said...

Plastic knife? We saw what damage you did with a wooden sword.