Friday, February 03, 2006

To my cousin, who leaves for a semester in Ukraine today:

I find it hard to believe we’re related since you’re all gung-ho activist, let’s-make-the-world-a-better-place, forget-the-whales,-they’ve-already-been-saved,-now-let’s-save-the-humans, no-really-I’m-in-it-to-make-the-world-a-better-place-not-for-the-money, and I actually misspelled “Ukraine” before spell-check corrected it for me.

I mean, don’t get me wrong. I’ve read a lot of Justice League comics in my day, and I fully expect my legal degree to help me work for the greater good (I use my powers for awesome). But if I make enough money to buy myself a PS6 in a few years – I’m not going to complain.

Anyway, I’m proud of you and I hope you have fun in the tropical paradise that is Ukrainia. Please send me some vodka.

-Mike

PS – I may or may not have dated a Ukrainian in college and it may or may not have gone well, so if a family comes running at you as soon as you get off the plane with pitchforks and torches, your best bet is to yell “I’m Canadian and not a Garvey!!!” and then run.

No comments: