Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Esther is indeed one of the cool kids now.

When I lived in Chicago, I got a job with an advertising and research firm that melted my soul daily. Boring, low paying, demanding, kind of like the job Tom Hanks has in the beginning of Joe v. The Volcano.

The dim months I spent there (the beginning was fine - fun even) were lit only by the hourly emails I got from my friends back home, specifically Lisa and Esther. And certainly, it was their enthusiasm that created the strongest pull for me to return home. Well, that and the fact that I got fired for emailing on the job…

Anyway, Esther has finally succumbed – she’s now a blogger. She’s filled in for me at the RT before, but this is official:

Phoeby and Her Friends

Go visit, look at pictures of my niece, help her come up with ideas on how to retaliate against Scott, laugh at her strange-ass Freudian dreams (a tuba?!?), and get fired since you're spending too much time reading her blog.

4 comments:

R said...

Congrats to Esther! I have mastered the "minimizing" reflex when someone passes by me!

Anonymous said...

glad to know that esther has some sort of weird buffalo pull that sucks us all back sooner or later. steve has her to blame then when we come moving on back. ;)

hoffmann said...

haha! You're a lawyer now. You said "Joe v. The Volcano" instead of "Joe vs. the Volcano". Welcome to the Dark Side.

Garvey said...

I was wondering if anyone was going to notice that. I believe the District Court held for the volcano in that one, but Joe won on appeal, where he was awared one Meg Ryan.