Saturday, July 29, 2006

Maeve in America

Sorry I haven’t been blogging (Steve), but I’ve been a little busy, and honestly, not much has changed in my mind since the last few things I posted. I have a baby girl. She’s awesome. There you go.

My favorite time of day is when she’s cried/eaten/pooped herself into complacency, and we bond, stomach to stomach, in the living room armchair. She likes when we watch cartoons, I just know it. Kim Possible is an early frontrunner for her favorite.

Late night damage control is a common thing. She’s not hungry, she’s clean, she’s comfortable, she’s just batshit crazy for some reason. Then again, her daddy is the king of all-nighters (or was when he was a college boy), so if she’s Nocturna, Baby of the Night, no surprises there. She calms down as soon as we put on Pee-Wee’s Playhouse anyway. I’ve said it a million times: Thank God for Adult Swim.

So tomorrow, the family and I are heading north: over the border and through the woods, to grandmother’s house we go, eh? And by “house”, I really mean “resort that’s pretty far into the Canadian wilderness.” In the opposite direction from Greg Fornasiero. Don’t expect too much posty goodness until I get back at the end of the week, but then expect a metric tonne of pictures: Maeve, sleeping on a chesterfield. Maeve, throwing up into a serviette. Maeve, wearing her first toque. Maeve, held by Alan Thicke.

Etc.

3 comments:

Jen(nifer) said...

Maeve and ALAN THICKE, eh? I can't wait! Have fun...

GabsOSteel said...

Kim Possible is excellent. I'm so glad your baby has good taste in cartoons.

Not Associated with Greg Fornasiero said...

Greg Fornasiero ROCKS! Mention him again!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!