Wednesday, July 12, 2006

More of The Maeve

So flikr only lets you upload so many pics per month, and I somehow screwed it up so no more flikr pics ‘till August. I’m certain that’s the last time I’ll ever mess anything up during my career in parenting.

That said, I’ll add in a few lovelies below so the grammas can get their Maeve fix.

Before that, I feel like I should send around a huge “thanks, yo” to everyone who has helped out in the last few days. Lisa and I were floored by the outpouring of support and both of us have lost count of the times we’ve said “you’ve gone above and beyond.”

Especially, though, I want to thank Maeve’s aunts. Katie, Esther, Cecilia, and Mary (not to mention the unofficial aunts, Annie, Leah, and the rest of the extended clan) embody the very reason Lisa and I wanted to move back from Albany. It’s not so much that it takes a village to raise a child, but that the village does things like goes shopping for you and makes you a lasagna out of Twinkies and agrees to be the baby’s godmother and decorates the house with pink balloons and brings you Thai food and etc. so you can get some sleep and not go insane raising the child by yourself. We certainly couldn’t do this alone, sistahs. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

On to the good stuff. Coming home from Sister’s:


Maeve had to wear these oven mits because she scratched herself otherwise. Dur, that’s my girl!:


First bath. Interestingly, after this, you can't just leave the baby in the dish rack to dry. Man! High maintenance!:


Dad and daughter:


No family resemblance at all, right? They both burp really loud, too:


And last (for today), Aunts KT and Annie caught proof of the elusive smiling infant. yeah, it's just gas (as John says, "life's first guilty pleasure"), but I'll take it:

3 comments:

Sweet Pea said...

I love all the baby pictures. She's the most beautiful baby. I'm so happy for you both! You are going to make awesome parents. I can't wait to see little Maeve in person...I believe she is smiling in that last picture :)Give my love to both of your girls!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!! Luckily she got all of Lisa's genes :)

Congrats again! Hope to see all 3 of you soon. - Meags

Leanne said...

Mike and Lisa...Congratulations!!
I am so happy for the both of you, and cant wait to make the looooong walk to your place to see little Maeve. She is so beautiful! Mike, i want to thank you for bringing me to tears while sitting in my drab cubicle...your previous blog...wow!

You two are so incredibly lucky! COngrats! Love ya both!