Sunday, July 23, 2006

My motivation

In case you haven’t peeped ‘em yet, Cecilia’s got some great shots up. I love that furrowed brow in the first pic. Trust me, Young’n, it won’t be the last time I do something that totally confounds you.

On a similar note, I’ve had a lot of disturbing dreams lately. Shouldn’t fathers dream of how their daughters will grow to be a Nobel laureate, or the first female US President, or maybe even an actress who goes on to earn fame and fortune and Academy Awards? Let the vicarious living begin, I say...

But no, most of my dreams are kidnappings, terrorists, runaway dump trucks, etc. Don’t worry – none end badly, thank God.

In fact, that’s kind of the silver lining – I think my mind is acclimating itself to the new “uber-daddy” software. You know how they say parents have adrenaline-induced super strength when their kids are in danger? These dreams, I guess, are the training videos, since in them, I KICK ASS. I can take down a room full of kidnappers with nothing but my fists and a temper forged in Mordor. Terrorists fear me. I can stop a runaway dump truck so long as I’ve planted my feet on solid ground, and don’t mind bruising my shoulders, which I don’t.

She’s the radioactive spider to my Peter Parker, the gamma bomb to my Bruce Banner, the gummiberry juice to my human.

2 comments:

R said...

Cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

Have you developed the ability to fly yet? love, Maeve's Nana