Sunday, August 27, 2006

2006 Emmys

Here’re my pics for the Emmy’s tonight.  These aren’t the ones I hope will win, or the actors who, imho, most deserve recognition.  Rather, I’m just putting forth a guess as to who will most likely leave tonight’s ceremony with a chunk of metal and not just a $30,000 gift basket.  

  • Drama Series: "The Sopranos," HBO

  • Comedy Series: "The Office," NBC

  • Miniseries: "Elizabeth I," HBO

  • Made-for-TV Movie: "The Girl in the Cafe," HBO

  • Variety, Music or Comedy Series: "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart," Comedy Central

  • Actor, Drama Series: Peter Krause, "Six Feet Under," HBO

  • Actress, Drama Series:Allison Janney, "The West Wing," NBC

  • Supporting Actor, Drama Series: William Shatner, "Boston Legal," ABC (If I’d ever have seen Huff, I’d give this one to Oliver Platt who is, no doubt, incredible.)

  • Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Chandra Wilson, "Grey's Anatomy," ABC

  • Actor, Comedy Series: Steve Carell, "The Office," NBC (Though Kevin James will never fail to make me laugh out loud.)

  • Actress, Comedy Series: Jane Kaczmarek, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox (Debra Messing is probably going to get this, but Kaczmarek deserves it.)

  • Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Jeremy Piven, "Entourage," HBO

  • Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Megan Mullally, "Will & Grace," NBC

  • Actor, Miniseries or a Movie: Ben Kingsley, "Mrs. Harris," HBO

  • Actress, Miniseries or a Movie: Kathy Bates, "Ambulance Girl," Lifetime

  • Supporting Actor, Miniseries or a Movie: Jeremy Irons, "Elizabeth I," HBO  (I haven’t actually seen any of these, but c’mon.  It’s Jeremy freakin’ Irons.)

  • Supporting Actress, Miniseries or a Movie: Cloris Leachman, "Mrs. Harris," HBO

No comments: