Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgarving.

And oh, I’m full. It’s gotten to the point where I enjoy my leftover sandwiches more than the actual thanksgiving dinner, to tell the truth. But more than likely, that isn’t because the food is better per se, just that there are fewer people around, watching me, judging me, as I cram potatoes and stuffing into my mouth sasquatch-style.

I was lucky enough to attend Lisa’s family dinner last night where a happy and sleepy Maeve was passed around like so many cooked yams.



I didn't get out to my parents until today (the original day of sloth), but here're pics from Uncle Neil of the prep. This is mom making oyster stuffing:


Here's dad making one of the roasted turkeys. They also fried one and smoked one:


Nana and Papa with Maeve:

Things for which my parents are thankful:

Well, yeah, each other too:

And Julia is thankful for cake, and a youthfulness that doesn't mandate social inconveniences like forks:


Here's the spread they ended up with:

Now who's ready for another sandwich?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Garvey....I've only gotten the chance now ( on holidays from my ever so busy important life) to catch up on the Royal Toybox. I shall make it a resolution to be better about reading regularly ( probably easier to keep than losing 30lbs and stopping drinking daily pop)...anyways I've been quoting you. I cannot read this:

" And oh, I’m full. It’s gotten to the point where I enjoy my leftover sandwiches more than the actual thanksgiving dinner, to tell the truth. But more than likely, that isn’t because the food is better per se, just that there are fewer people around, watching me, judging me, as I cram potatoes and stuffing into my mouth sasquatch-style."

without laughing....and completely relating - leftover sandwiches are my favourite!!

-Meags