Thursday, November 16, 2006

Oh, I miss my blog.

I miss lots. Let me bring you in on the excitement of the week:

This weekend, I’m off to Atlanta where I and three of my classmates will represent Buffalo Law School in a national mock trial competition. It’s the culmination of months of work. The reason I’ve been absent from blogging, family events, bar stools, poker nights, and even a few other classes. It has absolutely sucked and at the same time is actually kind of cool.

Here’s how it works: There are 18 teams to begin with. In the first round, which is tomorrow through Saturday, each school gets to run the case three times. They flip a coin to see if you’re the defense or the prosecution, so you have to be ready to do either. Saturday night, there’s a banquet where the teams who have been chosen to move on to round two get drunk in celebration and those who didn’t move on get drunk. Also in celebration.

Then the semi-finals are Sunday morning. Only four schools (out of 18) get into the semis. The two teams who win those trials go on to the final round that afternoon.

Even if you don’t make it past the prelims, you can still win the Best Advocate. That’s based, I think, on how well you bullshit not as a team, but on how well you bullshit as an individual.

Cross those fingers, yes?

In other news, here are things I wanted to blog about lately but just haven’t gotten around to it:
-My in-laws got me a fancy schmancy new watch. I’m still taking out my phone to see what time it is, just by force of habit. (one month, by the way)
-I had to fight someone for a parking spot yesterday. I won, but I think I somehow got my eyes to glow red like teen wolf.
-I assume My Chemical Romance is the MacDonald’s of goth, but damn, they can play a song that’ll catch my attention every time.
-Speaking of music, I won’t be renewing my rhapsody account at the end of this billing cycle, which is February. It will be missed, but Pandora, woxy, limewire, Maeve singing, etc. will fill in some of that void. Plus, I can take the money and just buy a new cd every month or so.
-This! Yay!
-THIS! YAY!
-And finally, this. Fucking Buffalo.

No comments: