Saturday, December 23, 2006

A few bits to chew on

Things I would like to have blogged about recently but didn’t have the time:

Exams – are done. I actually only had two this semester, but they were humdingers, letmetellyou. No grades yet.

***
Maeve – is, as always, awesome. We’re trying to get her to roll over these days. But hell, if someone brought me food, changed my diapers, held me while I slept, turned on my stories for me, etc., I wouldn’t move voluntarily either.

***
Birthday – Best. Ever. My sibs pulled out all the stops when they (minus the vomiting Cecilia) came over on Saturday for tacos and Superman gift bags. They brought me sweet loot and pretended to like me for a whole evening. Then Thursday was Birthday II, Electric Birthaloo out at mom and dad’s where I got more sweet loot and even a cake with an Industrial Revolution theme, as requested.

***
Blockbuster – have you been there lately? Has anyone? Anyone in the world? Did you know they’re still there? I stopped there the other day to pick up a post-finals video game with a gift certificate Louis gave me for my birthday. The dvd jockey behind the counter took my card and the gift certificate, monkeyed around on his computer for a few seconds and actually said to me: “Oh jeez, I hit the wrong button here. Do you wanna just pay with cash?”

***
Drivers – suck. I fear for the future of humanity. Listen: use your blinker. There’re two in your car. Find them. Use them. Love them. Listen also: you in the front of the line. You have a job. Look at those pretty lights in front of you, and when you see green, go. Buffalo drivers used to be really good at this. They’d do the “one, two, three, GREEN!” thing, and be halfway through the intersection before the green lightwaves fully traveled from the traffic light to earth. Now, I think the average WNY driver looks for the snooze button before deciding to get out of my old man way.

***
Dreams – I’ve recently had a bunch of very realistic dreams. Nothing really relevant, just that it seems my mind is on overdrive each night now. In one, Esther’s car was stolen, and we decided to go to the zoo to look for it. In another, I discovered I could leave my body (not like death or anything, just that an ethereal “me” could zip out and fly around. Oh, and I had to leave my body through my nose). Last night, I dreamt I turned an abandoned blockbuster video into a family practice law firm.

***
Fisher Price – growing up in East Aurora, the Christmas decorations along Main Street, and in the plaza, and especially throughout the Fisher Price campus were visions to which we looked forward all year. Lisa and Maeve and I drove past the toy factory on Thursday and though the scene seemed to lack a certain, let's say, snowy element, it was definitely enough to keep us in a holly jolly mood until we got home. We snapped this pic driving past (as you can tell), but hopefully it’ll warm the hearts of those East Aurorans who can’t be home for Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and folks, the left lane is for PASSING OR TURNING LEFT!!!!!!!!! love, ma