Thursday, December 28, 2006

Silence In The Admissions Office… DUNH DUNH DUUUNH!

I asked my office-mate, “Teens”, to give me a title for my post today, and her bored-to-tears mind came up with the above. And people, it’s not untrue.

Now that that’s out of the way, let me continue with another truth. I should say that the following statement is made objectively, that it is factual, measurable, and stated without any hint of hyperbole:

Best. Christmas. Evar.

One reason I started the RT in the first place was to record my life – to commit to writing Mike Garvey history as it happens. And one point I would like to publish here and now, to be saved on the Google servers for all eternity, or until the internet comes to life and enslaves the human race, is that no better Christmas has ever been had by anyone, at any time, in any place. (With the one exception of course – but even that chapter in the greatest story ever told lacked a signed Ryan Miller jersey.)

I got everything I could possibly have wanted and more, but that was trumped by Q.T. spent with the fam. I got to hold Maeve, take Christmas pics with her, tell her about Santa, help her open presents, watch the good cartoons with her, et cetera. That, Charlie Brown, is what it’s all about.

“Teens” is trying to convince me that vending machine coffee isn’t all that bad. She’s wrong. It is all that bad. And I say that factually, measurably, and without any hint of hyperbole.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Ditto. Even without my own autographed Miller jersey.

Cecilia said...

As great as a Miller jersey would be, I'd have to say that a Hasek jersey and stick, a puppy, and mom and dad going to Ireland was the best present Christmas ever...if only you had had Maeve when you were 18, and Esther had had Julia at 20...