Sunday, December 31, 2006

Wish you were now.

A few years ago, I went to a New Year's party where everyone wrote a letter to their future selves. The idea was to have a stupid little note from yourself to open five years from that date. Did you change? Did anything else? Any surprises?

I’m pretty sure I was supposed to open it this year, but damned if I can find it. That resolution to be more organized really took flight, huh?

I was drunk at the time, and I’m sure I wrote something flip (I’m soooooo witty when I’m drunk). Considering how much has changed in that time, though, I really wish I could find the letter. Good God, my life today would knock Early Twenties Garvey for a loop.

Anyway, I wrote a new letter this morning, and I’ll post it on December 31, 2007. If you want to play along, feel free. Write a letter to yo’sef today and either post it to your own site, or leave it as a comment on the toybox in one year.

(Getting drunk and writing it is optional.)

1 comment:

Leah said...

So much to say, too tired, a glass of wine, can't get too emotional right now.
I'll be very brief. All of those greeting cards, commercials, Lifetime movies say the words and paint the images, but nothing actually imprisons your being the way your real baby does.

sincerely,
purported career woman, mother of three