Saturday, January 06, 2007

COMMITMENT TOYBOXCELLENCE!

So I think it’s about that time to lose me some weight. Care to make it interesting?

Here’s what I’m thinking. Everyone throws in ten bucks. Those players who lose ten percent of their body weight in three months get to split the pot.

Right now, I’m at 235 lbs. I figure I’m the heaviest of anyone who’s going to play along, so if I can lose an average of two pounds a week for the next three months, you can too, Champ!

Tha Rulz:
  1. This’ll have to be on the honor system. I wish I had the time and resources to get everyone together for an official weigh-in, but I don’t, and you probably don’t either. If you’re a cheater, you can just stay fat, fatty.
  2. You’re welcome to play anonymously. I’ll just give you a nickname like Fatty Arbuckle, or Pre-Subway Jared.
  3. That doesn’t mean you can stiff me on the ten dollahs. Just ante up when you see me.
  4. Players should email me every weekend or so with percentage lost and I’ll keep the world updated every Tuesday.
  5. This week is registration week. We start at midnight on January 15th and end at midnight on April 15th. Those players who successfully (and honestly) lose 10% of their body weight get their money back and a split of the losers’ cash.

5a. And bragging rights.

5b. And a Super Mighty from me.

There. Now it’s interesting.

Questions? Want in? Email me: mikegarvey@hotmail.com.

4 comments:

Esther said...

You want to stretch this out until June and I'll kick your ass. 10% in one day. Until then I'll just see if I can gain what you lose. Brownie latte cheesecake anyone?

Jen(nifer) said...

Oy! We are doing this at work too...and I failed miserably last time.

GOOD LUCK!

Leah said...

OKAAAAAAAY.
done.
I'm in.
I have a new running route with a hill that should kick my *%#.
Will there be updates or just results on tax day?

Anonymous said...

OK, darn you! I'm in! Imani Coppola