Friday, June 22, 2007

Gestation Station

So, yes, Lisa, Maeve, and I are 188 days away from being “Lisa, Maeve, …, and me”. We’re also excited by how many commas were in that last sentence. To answer some of the many questions and requests for info I’ve been getting, here’s my FAQ for little … Garvey.

Are you gunning for a boy this time? Nope, just ten fingers, ten toes. If there’s an eleventh appendage there, I’d be just as happy as if there weren’t. It would be cool for Miles to have some backup for when Maeve and Julia gang up on him. And we all know they will.

Why’d you wait so long to make the big announcement? We told our fams a few weeks ago, but waited longer this time because we didn’t want to steal anyone’s well-deserved thunder. (By the way, Steve C made me laugh out loud when he claimed Esther and I are eventually going to have to sign a non-proliferation treaty.)

Any names picked out yet? A few, but nothing set in stone. One of my favorites was recently crossed off the list, unfortunately. Man, though, the internet is a wealth of help on this topic. The Baby Name Wizard ensured that we chose a not-too-popular name with Maeve (success!) and for … Garvey, my new favorite is the Nymbler. Check it out. You can put in names you’re considering, and it’ll give you suggestions for other names based on ethnicity, sound, era, etc. It’s the Pandora of baby naming.

What are you listening to on Pandora these days? Glad you asked. I’ve made a station based on some of the more laid back tunes by Nouvelle Vague and St. Germaine.

Have you discovered anything worth mentioning? Yes, Bebel Gilberto. Also, all of Nouvelle Vague’s songs are covers sung by people who have never heard the original.

How’s work going, by the way? It kicks ass.

Did you donate blood today? Yes I did. Be nice to me.

Did you run out of baby questions? Yes. I thought I had a lot more than three. I kept thinking, “Man, I should just blog a baby FAQ. That would be a great idea.”

But not so much? No, not so much.

Hey, at least you’re blogging. That’s not a question! I’m outa here.

4 comments:

mary said...

4real garvey... has a nice ring to it.
it's like the kid esther saw at the park named "money"

Esther said...

Really. His name was Money.

R said...

Congrats to you both! I would have to post one that is titled "Gestation Frustration" right now!

Garvey said...

Dammit, R, that would have been better. You can do my subject headings from now on.