Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Don't take it personal.

A while back, I took Blogger at their word and switched to the new format. I wasn’t entirely disappointed. The simpler design and user-friendliness were worth any other drawbacks, really.

But now that I’ve gotten better at modifying the RT, trying to get the internets to bend to my will has proven categorically more difficult. Yes, blogger redesigned itself to be easier for the average dumbass to change his font color. But I, as we all know, am no average dumbass. My attempts to change the RT more than just simple tweaks have been, shall we say, counterproductive?

Case in point: you may notice your blog is no longer under my links section. I don't know how that happened, but it's been a problem ever since I switched to new Blogger. And because I use google reader now, I hadn’t really noticed. So subtle was this gaff, in fact, I didn’t even pick up on the fact that I NO LONGER LINK TO MY OWN WIFE’S BLOG. That’s right. In some cultures, that’s tantamount to divorce.

(To make it up to Lisa, I offer this fact: I misused the word “deciduous” yesterday and my wife called me on it. I was wrong. She was right. Up is now down, black is now white, and effective immediately, everyone must eat ears of corn vertically. Sorry about that.)

So, Lisa, Patty, and anyone else I inadvertently dropped from the RT roll call, my bad. It wasn’t meant as an insult. I think I’ve gotten everyone back now. If I’ve missed you, don’t blame it on blogger, blame it on the above average dumbass.

6 comments:

sarah said...

mmmm. all that deciduous vertical corn!

Esther said...

Maybe Lisa should start blogging now that you've caught the mistake.

Garvey said...

I'm sayin'.

Patty said...

No worries =) Glad to be back though! I noticed Lisa's was missing too so I knew it had to be a technical dificulty. I still check hers every now and then hoping for a post! Hee! Hee!

Scott said...

It's "personally".

Phoeby.

Garvey said...

To me and Monica, it's "colloquial".