Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bl-odds and bl-ends

· I just tapped out a list of the topics I’m going to share for BufBloPoFo. Some are really general, some are fairly specific, and all are generally specifically lame, so remember you (participants) are not locked in to using them. Blog freely, I say.
· Maeve is under the weather today. Poor kid. She’s recently noticed that “dad putting on his coat” is often followed by “dad is no longer here to throw me up in the air” and both these things freak her out. This morning, she actually took my index finger in her feverish little hand and pulled with all her might away from the front door. Broke. My. Heart.
· It’s my father-in-law’s birthday week! Apparently, the Buffalo Sabres got him a point scorer. Many happy returns!
· A few of my friends, including DHKA, took the New York State Bar this week. I haven’t heard from any of them yet. I’m hoping that’s because they’ve been drunk ever since they left the testing center.
· Speaking of da law, here’s a scholastic update: I rented my cap and gown yesterday. I picked up the proofs for my 3L portrait this morning. It’s like they expect me to gradyoo8 or something.
· I picked up and cannot stop listening to an album by Vampire Weekend. They’re young, a little rough around the edges for a band that really wants to be something other than rough around the edges, but still a fun listen. I also got the new Goldfrapp and the new Foo album, but haven’t listened to them yet. If you have any music suggestions for me, hold on to them. That’s going to be one of the BufBloPoFo topics.

· ALSO: remember we're in a leap year! BufBloPoFo starts on Saturday, not tomorrow!

No comments: