Friday, February 29, 2008

Preceptorships and Panera

(Don't worry if you don't get the title. It's an inside joke.)

Anyway, happy leap year!

I'm just about ready for the big BufBloPoFo start tomorrow. I have a few topics packed away (the first is below, so you should be all good to start Po-ing on your Blo once midnight rolls around).

I talked about these pictures yesterday. Every graduating third year gets his or her portrait taken and hung on the wall here at the law school. Like trophies. "There's a stuffed rhino, there's a gazelle hoof, and there's that fantastic specimen of a Mike Garvey, who we tortured for 3 whole years."



Anyway, I have to pick one of these to be the official. Any suggestions? Lisa says the first two are more genuine, but I think the third is more professional. I'm going to try to have the teeth photoshopped so they aren't quite so muddy. It's amazing what they can do with photoshop these days. I mean, the photographer had to really work on the originals before they could be released to the public.
____________________________________

So are you ready? Are you excited? Do you have a comfy chair from which you’ll blog every day over the next two weeks? Okay, participants, start out with this:

BufBloPoFo Topic for Day 1: Look at you. You blog. You’re a blogger. You’re reading a blog right now and already thinking about what you’re going to write on your blog. So… tell me about your blog in general. Why do you have it? Why did you start it? What’s the name mean? Why that template? (DHKA, you’ve already shared this, so you get a pass. Instead, you should write about… um… your favorite soup. Or whatever.)

9 comments:

Scott said...

Looking at your photos, I can't help but wonder if any prospective law school graduate has just let it all hang loose and put up two blazing middle fingers held proudly in front of their power tie.

Meg said...

I vote for #2.

Patty said...

I vote for # 3, it's the one that stood out the most at first glance. It's more natural and professional...just my two cents.

I'm a nerd! I am excited about BufBloPoFo and the first topic...that is a very good starting point!

mom b said...

How cute are you? I do like #3.

Esther said...

Oh please, just go with the original #4. Which made me fall off my chair laughing. You're awesome.

Anonymous said...

yes, you are adorable. I also like #3 and 4 is a close second. The original #4 bears the greatest likeness... mom g

Hoffmann said...

Not every graduating third year goes through that, friend. Plausible deniability...

Leah said...

Like the true follower I am, I like #4

Michael said...

I like #2. You look the happiest!