Tuesday, March 11, 2008

BufBloPoFo DayEleven:

I’ve actually posted this survey before, but the ol’ creativity tank is quickly plummeting towards the E. For what it’s worth, I honestly don’t remember what I answered then (except for the sound I love – that’ll never change). Here’s the plan: first I’ll answer these questions, and then go back and see what I answered before. Compare, contrast, etc.

What is your favorite word? I always feel smarter when I can fit the word “aggregate” into a conversation. And I recently used the word “inimical” in a paper, only to figure out later I’d gotten the meaning wrong. “Dude, your aggregate inimical’s open.” Old: Ha! My favorite word was “awesome”! In my defense, that was posted back in mid 2006 when “awesome” could still be used ironically.

What is your least favorite word? “Niche”. Count every person on earth, and that’s how many different ways there are to pronounce “niche”. And it’s one of those buzz words people use to sound smarter. (Yes, like “inimical”. Shutup.) Old: Wow, at one point I decided my least favorite word was “aperient”. Maybe I was sick then?

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? True, honest virtue. And yes, I do still get a rise out of hearing the gospel choir join in – did anyone see Across the Universe? I didn’t, but the soundtrack has a gospel version of Let It Be, and lordy, it’s from the mouths of angels.

What turns you off? Either of my daughters in bad moods. Old: In mid-2006, it was red lights, which still piss me off. You have to understand, though, at that point Maeve was less than a month old. Crying was pretty much her daily em-oh.

What sound or noise do you love? New and old: Yeah, this is still the quick tapping of computer keys. Just something about that sound is like a lullaby for me.

What sound or noise do you hate? The microwave. Why why why why why why WHY doesn’t my microwave come with a no-beep option?!? Old: “Commercials”? Well, yeah, I do hate them, generally, but that’s not really a noise, is it? I was so dumb then.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I’ve always wanted to be a talk show host. Old: Ah, my first inadvertent repeat answer! Charlie Rose, watch your bum.

What profession would you not like to do? Referee. Old: Ha! Yeah, “elephant cage cleaner” sounds like it would suck too. Either way, you have to keep your eyes open.

What is your favorite curse word? Lately, “eff”. Not only is Maeve getting old enough to notice bad words, but it’s just generally funnier. Old: Yes, “ass” is a good one, too. I remember writing this, thinking it works so well as a compound word: assclown, asshat, etc.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Welcome home, my child. Here, “inimical” means whatever you want it to.” Old: Last time, I wanted to hear: “I did the math, and it turns out mom did indeed love you best.” Well, yeah, if anyone has the power to view love as a mathematical equation, it’s the Big Guy. But, of course, we all know mom loves me best no matter what the equation says...
____________________________________

BufBloPoFoStuff
You’ll notice tonight’s marks the third time in a row where I’ve been within minutes of skipping a day. I think if the moderator misses a BufBloPoFo day, we’d run into a paradox, the results of which could start a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to our own galaxy.

Anyone? Back to the Future? Doc Brown? Anyone?

Also, if BufBloPoFo does become an annual thing, the tenth day shall henceforth be known as BufBloPoFoMonique Day.

Also, also, three posts left!

____________________________________


We’re rounding the corner, heading for home, in the final laps, and other sports metaphors! But even after all this, there’s still so much about all of you that your readers just don’t know.

BufBloPoFo Topic for Day 12: Write an “About me” paragraph consisting of things your readers don’t really know. We all “like to read, travel, and party with friends”, but your next topic is to talk about the things that are totally specific to you.


Example: I, Mike Garvey, love to purposefully make my car fishtail in the snow, love to strike up conversations with cashiers when Lisa is listening, and feel guilty eating hershey’s kisses if I can’t first pull the paper strip out in one piece.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You must have read my post today before getting into the BTTF mode ;)

Nice.