Monday, April 28, 2008

Mothballogging

I hate hate hate to say it, but I think blog hiatus time is upon us. And this one, unfortunately, isn’t your run-of-the-mill, three-week, I-won’t-be-gone-long-enough-for-you-to-miss-me type of hiatus either.

No, my friends, the light at the end of this tunnel is about three and a half months away, after the bar.

Or as the French say, Le Barre de la Merde.

I’m not quitting just yet, mind you. I have one more week of class,
then one week of exams,
then one week of counting the nanoseconds before bar prep starts,
then bar prep starts. And that lasts until July 29th, when… well… the French hits the fan.

I figure I’ll post a little over the next few weeks, but sporadically at best. After that? Who knows? Will I have the time to bloig while I’m re-teaching myself three years worth of law? Will I want to? Hell, I may NEED some creative outlet, where I can butcher the English language while sharing some self-depreciating anecdote.

Option 1 – quit cold turkey. Just stop blogging until it’s pencils down.
Option 2 – blog regularly. Bar prep is really only going to be like seventy five hours per day, which leaves more than enough time for me to post pictures of the girls or rant about radio.
Option 3 – happy medium. Maybe blog every couple of weeks? Like a reverse bufblopofo? “Week 4: I’m still alive. I just re-learned torts, otherwise known as the law of knowing just enough to know you’re going to get fucked on the bar. Listening to a lot of Red Hot Chili Peppers...”

I kind of like the idea of option three. I remember doing something similar back in business school where I posted once an hour during an all-nighter (starting here and continuing for 10 excruciatingly boring posts). I may not have much to say this summer, but I think it’ll be interesting to go back and see what nonsense was on my mind during the infamous Bar Summer of Apostrophe Ought Eight.

We’ll see. In the meantime, wish me luck on exams.

5 comments:

Debo said...

Good luck dude. For what it's worth, the tunnel is never as long as you fear it is. I'm just about to reach the end of this first one of mine, much sooner than expected.

We'll see you when we see you.

dr. nic said...

Good luck Mike. I feel your pain, my anesthesia boards are Aug 4th and I'm due Aug 10th.

Erin said...

I like option #3. Of course, twitter is really good for that sort of thing. ;)

Good luck!

Big Sis said...

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!

Leanne said...

woops, sorry Mike, i had the wrong screen up...dont want you to take me with you as you mothball royal toybox, and i am not your big sis! ha! im just a big dork! Good Luck with exams and all of your studying!