Sunday, May 18, 2008

Graduwiition

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, I did it. Graduated. Law school? Check. A year of pre-school, a year of kindergarten, 12 years of first through twelfth grade, four years of college, two years of bidness school, and three of law school. 23 years of schooling ended after I took three exams, handed in one paper, put on a silly hat and walked across a stage to pick up a fakeloma.

Also, my perfect wife bought me a wii in honor of being all growns up and in a profession and everything. As EVERYONE I spoke with today mentioned, yes, that’ll make bar prep nice and easy. But hey, that starts tomorrow, so there’s hours of time left for a little Mario Kart.

Mary graduated as well. No wait, to say “as well” would imply we performed similarly. But since the announcement of her name was followed by “cum laude”, and mine was only followed by me muttering “OMG DON’T TRIP DON’T TRIP OMG” under my breath, I think we all know t’ain’t true.

Fifteen days, by the way, have been tough with no blogging. That said, this next bit is really going to be downright herculean.

Don’t expect many updates over the summer. Remember this? Well, let’s just say I’m going with Option 3, conservatively. Bar prep starts tomorrow, goes through May, through June, through July, right up until they pour me into a test center with a hearty chuckle and a handful of No. 2 pencils. Who are they? Demons, I tells you. Evil demons.

Anyway, I don’t really know what my plan is, except that any free time I get this summer will be split between playing The Royal Wii and trying to convince my family that I’m not some stranger who broke into their fatherless house to play their wii.

Yes, yes. I’ll miss you too. In honor of the moment, and since this weekend has a graduation flavor to it, please enjoy the following video-yearbook with all the pictures I could find of me blogging. Take it easy, ya’ll…

video

9 comments:

Beers said...

First of all Congrats on Granulating! I love the video. However, I could help but notice that at least one of those pics was pre-Toybox.

Esther said...

Brilliant.

goose said...

well it's about time the wii has come to you, my friend. I know you'll be busy, but when you're done it'll be time for some karting on-line. Quite a blast I must say!

Alyson said...

YAAAAAAAAAY (although, that's not nearly excitement enough for a wii AND graduation. i mean, COME ON).

!!!!!!!!!!

dr. nic said...

Congrats on Graduating!!! Enjoy the Wii (we just got one ourselves).

subscription girl said...

whatever you do, do not box with caitlin/bridget. she has rage issues.

Leah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! At least you have the smrts to take a vaca from blogging instead of quitting like some other blogger I know, who goes by the number four.

Patty said...

Congratulations Mr. Big Attorney!

Have fun with the Wii! Lisa is AWESOME!!!

Leah said...

I keep thinking you'll be back b/c you can't stay away.........