Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Anyone still there?

I’m breaking blog silence to request prayers for my sister, Mary, who is getting de-tonsiled right this second. I’m told this isn’t a fun thing in general, and even less so for those of us who waited until the ripe old age of twentysomething to have it done... (Mary.)

The wikipedia page on the subject looks more like the instruction booklet for a Final Fantasy game than a surgical procedure. “LUCKY HAPPY HARMONIC SCALPEL ATTACK GO!!!”

In other news, I miss blogging more than I ever thought I would, and it’s taking an incredible amount of willpower to keep this post from turning into a ten volume encyclopedia on how many blogging topics I’ve had to skip since my last blogtivity. To that end, here’s the short version, all of which I’ll expand upon once I sober up in mid-August sometime:

1. Bar prep smokes balls,
2. Lisa used to make her own tee shirts and sell them at craft fairs, and
3. If, today, someone were to point at Maeve and Addie and say “your father dresses you funny,” they’d risk a beating, but they’d be right; and
4. I got a job.

And, boyhowdy, if those don’t bring you back after my Hiatus Extravaganza, well, this blog is not for the likes of you.

6 comments:

dr. nic said...

Anesthesia Board prep smokes balls too. Yay for you getting a job. Where is it (if I can ask).

Patty said...

Many prayers for your sister. I hope all goes well and she enjoys all the yummy ice cream that follows surgery.

Congrats on the job! You have been missed! Good luck with Bar prep!

Meg said...

Oh my gosh you're back - amen! I have been checking your blog religiously about 5 times day in complete desperation. Trust me, this hiatus is harder on us than you!

Congrats on the job! Can't wait to hear all the deets. And of course, prayers for your sister :)

Esther said...

Miss you brutha. Both in the flesh and in the blog. Your hiatus is apparently contageous - where the hell is everyone else?

subscription girl said...

congrats on the job! jobs are good to have!

Garvey said...

Nicole: I'm going to hold off on posting too much info about the new employer until I get their okay on it. Suffice it to say, they're my favorite people in the world right now.
Patty & Meg & E & all: I miss you too! which is why you should all be blogging MORE in my absence...
Subgirl: jobs ARE good to have, says I. After I get my first paycheck and you come back to Buffalo to visit, drinks on me.