Friday, September 26, 2008

No, YOU’RE an update.

Okay, just real quick: the sellers from yesterday turned down our bid. Probably because they like, you know, money. And we just don’t have enough of it. We’re not too upset because we knew it was a hail mary pass to begin with. That said, we’re still about as disappointed as anyone is to see a dropped hail mary pass, so close to the… ah, that place… where you go to make touchdowns.

Okay, new metaphor: us getting that house for that price was about as likely as me pulling off a sports analogy well.

(I wanted to try anyway because my friend Ken reads the RT and he took me to a Notre Dame game once. He’s also a huge Sabres fan and he hates the Penguins. See Ken? These are the things people can say when they have blogs.)

6 comments:

dr. nic said...

I'm sorry. Keep looking, I'm sure you guys will find something.

M. said...

Boo. I'm sorry you guys didn't get the house. Your house is out there somewhere :)

Pat said...

Hang tough, obviously this was NOT the house, you gotta look further.

Hey if can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Great to see you back blogging and congrats on passing the Bar, we all knew you would.

Garvey said...

Oh Pat, you’re a doll. And an optimistic one at that. I should clarify, though: we don’t find out if we passed the bar until mid-November at the earliest. I’m working now because an incredibly generous and trusting firm decided to take a chance on a still-wet-behind-the-ears young’n like me. Believe you me, Pat, as soon as that news comes available, it’ll be blogged good and hard.

Ken said...

I'm flattered to have made the RT, but I would have been much happier if you would have gotten the house. Just enjoy more time not worrying about leaking basements, peeling paint, electricity going out, etc.

negarvey said...

Take heart, if there is one thing that Buffalo has plenty of, it's houses and you and Lisa will find the right one.

Meanwhile understand why this happened :

Obama would blame 8 years of Bush's massive economic mismanagement,

McCain would blame Obama,

Palin would blame it on witchcraft,

Pelosi would blame it on republican grandstanding,

Republican grand-standers would also blame it on witchcraft, namely Pelosi,

Real witches would blame it on uncertainties in the "eye of newt/wing of bat" sub-prime market.

The newts would blame Gingrich,

The bats would eat the newts, and then move into your attic, if you had one.

Happy house hunting ! xo N