Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Today, I shall be lawing.

It's 6:29am as I start this post. Because the girls are still asleep, I may well finish it sometime today.

In about two hours, I'll be showing up for my first day as a lawyer. Not a clerk, not an assistant, not an intern, but an actual, honest-to-goodness, law-talkin', piller-of-the-community, (ahem... paycheck-earning) lawyer.

No, I'm not admitted to the bar yet. And yes, I know the new guy is little more than office bitch for awhile. But even still, in about an hour and 59 minutes, I'll have the same job as my grandfather.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Congrats on your BIG day!

mom b said...

How proud your grandfather would be! As we all are.

M. said...

That's right Mike-- you're a real kind-of lawyer now :) I think it's amazing what you and Lise did this summer, with the bar and the babies... so incredibly hard. I know it will have been worth it!