Yesterday was the big swearing in ceremony. I was herded into a ballroom at the Hyatt in Rochester with 237 other wide-eyed lawyer-wannabes, and within one hour, the Fourth Department had administered the oath. One short hour and we’d officially passed through lawyer puberty from legal whipper-snapper to full grown lawyer men and women. Today when I came into work, this was on the door:
It’s just plastic, honestly. Its existence shouldn’t make me as happy as it does. Technically, it isn’t even mine. But this physical manifestation of my lawyertude, my lawyernosity, my quintessential LAWSOMENESS, well, it made me a little teary this morning.
BUFBLOPOFO ‘09 ANNOUNCEMENT
So! Who wants to blog for fourteen days with me?!? Unless anyone can convince me otherwise (and remember, I’m a professional now – try to out-logic me at your own peril) I’m going to post an essay and a meme-style question once a day for two weeks. For an overview of what the hell I'm talking about, see last year's rules here, or all the posts here.
The big change this year, however, is that I want to push the competition back by two weeks, so now instead of March 1 to March 14, we’ll go from March 14 to March 27.
- I want to see what you all drunkblog on the 17th.
- March 27th is the day we close on our house. BIG DAY.
- I want to see what you all hangoverblog on the 18th.
- I haven’t actually prepared any questions yet. And Lord knows the last thing we need is a bunch of people blogging willy-nilly for fourteen days straight without a little coordination.
- This isn’t really a reason or anything, but how funny is it that the first time I blog for reals in a zillion years is on my first full day as a bona fide lawyer?
So yeah, in the meantime, if you want to participate, and you do want to participate, send me an email at mikegarvey at hotmail dot com or leave a comment for me here. Oh, and if you have any suggestions on daily blogging topics, hit me up. I’m too busy lawyering.