Sunday, March 15, 2009

BufBloPoFo 09 DayTwo

First off, to the extent that I can, I echo every word written here. Good stuff.

I had a lot of fun reading everyone’s responses to this question. Interestingly, I note more people glommed on to the sub-topic of “with whom would you eat” rather than “what would you eat”. Hey, I’m all for it. I also note that Bryan included, like, thirty pictures of chicken wings. I think I gained four pounds, just reading his entry.

My biggest problem with this question is that I’m limited by, and I don’t say this often, the size of my stomach. Yeah yeah, laugh it up, fuzzballs, but it’s the truth. I mean, I could say my last meal would be jim’s steak out and mighty taco and chipotle and fat bob’s and duffs, but we all know I’d wimp out into a food coma as soon as I finished my jim’s BBQ chicken finger sub with blue and mozzarella cheese.

Here’s problem number two with this question (who the hell comes up with these stupid things???): I’m full. I just left my in-laws, having been stuffed full of corned beef and cabbage. So as much as I would love to bloviate about jims, mighty, chipotle, bob’s, duffs, etc. my stomach just ain’t in it.

All that said, I know a few things would be part of any perfect, end-of-the-universe, nothing-better-was-ever-made repast:

  • It would contain, among other things, stuffed peppers, MacDonald’s french fries, Guinness, meatloaf, and flake bars.
  • My family would be there, and all my friends. Past and present. And as long as we’re fantasizing, I’d also have time to talk with everyone.
  • There would be no mushrooms or shellfish, because really, those suuuuuuuuck. Oysters, people. I mean, really? They’re boogers in saltwater.
  • Guinness.
  • I had a dream once that’s always stuck with me. No plot or anything, but I was standing in a huge room that I knew was a part of my house. It was like a ballroom with a bar running all the way along one wall. The opposite wall was entirely windows, looking out onto a patio. A raised stage was at the far end. In my dream, the room was in disrepair, but it just felt... perfect. I sat at the bar with Lisa, talking about how we’d fix it up. My perfect meal would be there.
  • Did I mention the Guinness?
  • Every course would have truffles in it somehow.
  • Oh man, there’d be a lot of cheese.

I think that covers all the important bits. There’s more, I’m sure, but a) this post needs to go up and b) like I said, I’m not really hungry right now. And anyway, I listed Guinness, right?

BufBloPoFo Topic for Day 3:

If nothing else, BufBloPoFo is a learning tool. Last year, we learned how to load a dishwasher, how to take a leak, etc. Let’s keep that going this year, but instead of focusing on what people are doing wrong, tell me what you think you do right. Walk me through a process. Give me the step-by-steps. Can you make damn good baba ganoush? Can you tie a bow tie? Can you pour the perfect Guinness??? Teach me how, perfesser.

No comments: