Friday, March 13, 2009

BUFBLOPOFO 2009, pre-meeting meeting

HOOOOOOBOY. Who’s ready? WHO. IS. READY?!?

Only a matter of hours between where you stand right this second and the starting gun that will fire tonight at midnight! Then it’s a fourteen day run of posting, a two week sprint of blogging, A FORTNIGHT MARATHON OF BLOPOING.

Consider this your call to the starting block, participants!

As you can see, this year’s adventure comes with slightly less fanfare than the first annual bufblopofo. No lead-up, no advertising, no photoshopping, no Samuel Gompers. Well, maybe there’ll be a little Samuel Gompers. We’ll see.

In the meantime, the theme for BufBloPoFo ’09, to the extent that BufBloPoFos are supposed to have themes, is “makeshift”. I mean, come on. I’m lucky if I blog more than once every century these days. When I was in school, it was easy to commit one ear to lecture and the rest of me to writing posts about how much buffalo radio sucks. Before I had Maeve and Addie, I could daily find a free hour or two in which to talk about stabbing myself with a pen.

Today? No so much.

Not that I’m complaining, mind you, but today, "downtime" isn't so much for "hobbies" anymore as it is for "doing all the things I need to do but haven’t yet because I’ve been at work." This post, for example, was started three days ago.

So I present to you BufBloPoFo 09, Travel Edition(TM). All the fun of BufBloPoFo with almost none of the Samuel Gompers. And, really, like a tenth of last year's effort. Believe y'all me, ain't no one going to be requesting tee shirts and coffee mugs with this year's logo on it...

RULES:
For those of you who are still reading and not running off to read more interesting things, here’s a quick run down of how this all works:
1. the earth completes one full rotation fourteen times, and
2. in that time, we participants post once per rotation. Easy peasy.

Each day I’ll post topics at the end of my entry for the next day’s posts. You can follow those, or, because they are admittedly stupid, you can do your own thing. If you make it the whole fourteen days, you win a car. And by that I mean you win nothing whatsoever except my respect (the cash equivalency of which, let’s face it, is nothing whatsoever).

Below, and also over on the right, there, you’ll see the BufBloPoFo ’09 blogroll with you and all your fellow participants. Have I missed anyone? See any bad links? Shut up. This BufBloPoFo is makeshift, so it's bound to have some issues. (Seriously, though, let me know.)

A Beautiful Life
Automatic Rebalancing
BA Start
Big Bear's Cave
Cultural Cuisinart
DHKA
Erin-Go-Blog!
In Mark's Head
it's a marshmallow world
jen's 14,221 thoughts
Johnny K's Facebook Bloggeroo
Life of a NYC Girl
pat n pat equals me
Paw Prints on the Front Seat
Phoeby and her friends
Playtime at Hazmat
Pretty Bird
Royal Toybox
Shoe Money Tonight
The Fourth Row
The Funny Mom's Blog
The Subway is a Rollercoaster that Takes You To Work
twin elms press
Which End Is Up!?
Whoa Mama

And that’s it! Excited?!? Ready?!? Everyone prepared to hate blogging more than you already do in fourteen days? Well, then...


BufBloPoFo Topic for Day 1:

Let's start it off easy. Hi! How're things? Remember me? Remember when we were blog friends? What's new whichu? For your first day of Blufporbfofoing, tell me the three biggest things going on in your life right now. If you have fewer than three things going on in your life right now, then your assignment is to come over to my house and pack. (Ahem *slacker* cough...)

10 comments:

Meg said...

you forgot me in your post but that's okay. i'm still in the list on the right. i won't take it personal.

Garvey said...

Ah, pardon me, missy, but you changed the name of your blog to The Funny Mom's Blog, remember? (And you still passed up the obvious choice of The Family Sarkis.)

It should be fixed, but lemme know if my blogging skilz are still coming up short.

Esther said...

Awesome. Game on. This snuck right up on me. I didn't have a chance to prepare pre-game.

Maryface said...

FINE... i'm in.

Johnny K said...

I have created a Blogger site, and will be posting there, rather than Facebook.

http://jkreuzer.blogspot.com/

Meg said...

oops! It's been so long since I've blogged that I forgot about the name change. What would I do without you to remind me?! :)

allthingsjennifer said...

I'm in. Bring it!

Anonymous said...

Mike.
You're a lawyer. You should know the difference between the words "extant" and "extent".
You do, right?
Right?
I am very much enjoying reading this, even though you cheated and started late so you can blog about moving :)
~marie

Garvey said...

Dammit, Anonymarie, why you gotta be so smrt? I was about to come up with some lame typo excuse, but then ran a search and realized I used the word incorrectly in FIVE OTHER POSTS. Including yesterday's. Luckily, I'm not above revisionist blogging.

Anonymous said...

DOH!
Mike, I was totally calling you on it because I figured you'd not read the comments section here. I mean, you haz other stuffs to be dealing with, like life, a new house, adorable kids, a beautiful wife, and important lawyer work. Grammar can wait.
Clearly, I am a douche. And no, I'm not joking.
smooches,
marie